I have a Little Monkey at home and she is only 9 months! Here is a little guide on how to recognize if you also have a Little Monkey and a few ideas on how to entertain them.
1) Little Monkey is mostly interested in climbing out of things and on top of things.
- She will climb out of the stroller, out of the swing, high chair and playpen. Belts and straps provide Little Monkey with just enough dose of challenge.
She will not only enjoy climbing out of things but also on top of things. She will climb on top of the stroller wheel, beach chair and pillows.
2) Little Monkey likes to hang off things such as:
- Driver’s headrest in the car
Top of the chair
Top of the bookshelf
3) Little Monkey likes to slide down your lap and onto the floor.
4) Little Monkey enjoys playing with cables, shoe laces and strings.
5) Little Monkey is very amused when upside down.
You may wonder what type of entertainment is suitable for your Little Monkey. Here are some ideas:
1) Add some challenge to your baby jumper or similar toy. Hang hard to reach toys and attach soft books to your jamperoo / exersaucer. Frequently change the hanging toys and their configuration to make it more interesting.
2) Swing, swing, swing! Let your Little Monkey enjoy the swings as often as possible.
3) Provide him with a lot of floor time on a soft surface with a little obstacle course made of pillows and toys where he can practice crawling and climbing.
4) Let your baby play with a walker even if she is not walking yet. Holding and climbing the walker will provide your Little Monkey with so desired challenge.
5) Throw her a ball and let her crawl / roll fast for it. Ask her to bring it back.
6) Let him jump on your lap or on the bed while you hold him.
7) Let her drive! Try a moving toy like a mini car where your baby can enjoy “driving” around.